Great Dessert Bake-Off
2018 NDCBF Great Dessert Bake-off Rules
- Bakers must be amateurs. Chefs, cooks or culinary arts are not eligible.
- Sign-up at the connection center or online at NDCBF.org/picnic
- Desserts must be home cooked not store bought.
- Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
- Bakers may have one entry for each category listed below.
- Winners will be as follows:
- Best Overall Dessert: the dessert with the highest overall score. If there is a tie, the judges will cast one vote for their favorite of the desserts until the tie is broken.
- Best Cake
- Best Cookies/Bars/Brownies
- Best Pie/Cobblers
- AND of course bragging rights for each category!
Day of the Bake-off - September 30th 2018:
- Desserts should be dropped off to the kitchen no later than 10:30am. Please be on time.
- The registration team will instruct you where to bring your dessert(s) for submission.
- The Bake-off Representatives are Debbie Polk 972-333-0434 and Nikki Bargains 972-365-6797. Let either of us know if you have questions.
- The Scoring System:
- Each NDCBF baker will be assigned a number for judging.
- Desserts will be judged on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest for each category.
- Each NDCBF baker will be judged on the following categories:
- Overall Impression
- The Bake-off Representatives will tally all of the ballots.
- The NDCBF baker with the highest score within each dessert category will be the winner.
- Winners will be announced at a specified time at the picnic.
PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN THE DAY OF THE CONTEST AND YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!