2020 Annual Business Meeting Recap
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of our current challenges?
Multi-year Decline in the Size of the Church Membership with a Major Inflection Point in Fiscal Year 2017.
Avg. Weekly Attendance
Multi-year Decline in Total Contributions Collected from Church Membership with a Major Inflection Point in Fiscal Year 2017.
Church Mortgage that Exceeds the Congregation’s Capacity to Pay Using Current Monthly Contributions.
Why did we get such a high mortgage if we can’t pay it?
Our mortgage was finalized when we had a regular weekly attendance of 1, 600 and we were planning on growing to 1900. Our current weekly attendance is 547 and we are not able to pay our mortgage and other obligations without dipping into the reserves.
What are some of the restrictions with our current location?
Our current location presents both challenges and opportunities that will require an aggressive outreach, additional financial investment to market the ministry, and/or transportation support to make the church more accessible to the community.
How would we be able to stay in our current facility?
Secure mortgage payoff of our present location.
What are the key benefits of relocating?
Choose to relocate with little to no debt. Choose a new location with more residential neighbors. Choose a new church site that is conveniently located. Choose a new church site with the potential to expand. Choose a location that facilitates operation of an early childhood/daycare center and youth apprenticeship mentorship center.
Are there opportunities for the congregation to serve? Yes.
- Pray –know that prayer changes things.
- Give –our problem is a financial one
- Assist –be a part of the movement forward
- Love –encouragement is always needed
- Remain –do not abandon, but build-up
- Pray –first, last, at all times
What committees are open to the members of the congregation?
- The NDCBF “Strategic Plan” Task Force: (Chairperson, + 4-7 Members)
- The NDCBF “Human Resource” Task Force: (Chairperson, + 4-7 Members)
- The NDCBF “Financial Plan” Task Force: (Chairperson, + 4-7 Members)
- The NDCBF “Property Sale” Task Force: (Chairperson, + 4-7 Members)
- The NDCBF “Property Acquisition” Task Force: (Chairperson, + 4-7 Members)
- The NDCBF “Planning the Church Facility of the Future” Task Force :(Chairperson, + 4-7 Members)
- The NDCBF "Prayer Campaign" Task Force
- The NDCBF "Member Insight" Task Force
- The NDCBF "Transformational Funding" Task Force
- The NDCBF "Communications & Marketing" Task Force
How frequently will we provide process updates?
We will periodically update the FAQ's and provide a monthly process update.