HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Forward your documentation to:
North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship (NDCBF)
501 Accent Drive
Plano, TX 75075
Attn: Human Resource Department
or email your information to [email protected]
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter which includes your salary requirement
- Testimony letter
Note: A relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior is one of the requirements for employment with North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship.
NDCBF JOB OPPORTUNITIES
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Responsible for implementing a comprehensive program of Christian education for nursery through fifth grade in a multi-cultural church setting. This includes the implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship, communicated through a comprehensive annual Children’s Ministry plan.
- Coordinates the tactical planning, development and implementation of the Children’s ministry, and aligns the ministry with the vision and mission of the church.
- Serves as the subject matter expert with regard to children’s development issues and trends, and as an advocate for children.
- Educates the congregation regarding the needs of children and provides solutions to meet those needs in the local church and community.
- Coordinats the work of the Children’s Ministry Council in providing feedback, direction and an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the Children’s Ministry in serving the vision and mission of the church.
- Mentors and develops the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers with the goal of developing their leadership skills.
- Access resources to develop Children’s Ministry programming, staff and lay leaders and seeks continuing education events and training opportunities.
- In conjunction with Christian Education, oversees the recruiting and training of teachers, facilitators and volunteers who work with students in all aspects of the Children’s Ministry and ensure adequate skill levels, volunteer support, and adult to children ratios.
- Serves as liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to children and Children’s Ministries.
- Partners with Christian Education to coordinate curriculum for children with the adult ministries where appropriate.
- Embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship (NDCBF).
- Be a part of the worshiping community of North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship on a regular basis (attending one of the worship services every week), taking part in the means of grace.
- Develops an annual budget and manages the disbursement of budgeted funds for Children’s Ministries within the guidelines of the approved budget and in adherence with the purchasing policies of the church.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrates high integrity working in a faith based organization and adheres to the guidelines, bylaws, and policies set forth by NDCBF.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven expertise in administration, formal training in Children’s Ministry required.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to minister successfully across cultural lines.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships in a multi-cultural church setting with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Preparation for serving as an ambassador of Christ to others.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with formal training in Children’s Ministry (or working towards such a degree) (Masters preferable).
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
This position requires minimum physical exertion with daily lifting requirements up to 10 pounds. Significant finger dexterity required. Activities may include carrying office materials, pulling and pushing file drawers and organizing paperwork. Duties almost always are carried out in an office or home environment. Equipment used includes computers, printers, calculator, copier and telephone.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.